What is it?
Psoriasis is a non-contagious skin condition that produces plaques of thickened, scaling, skin. It is a particularly tenacious condition and needs a therapeutic attack on many fronts. Jason Vale himself has lived with psoriasis for many, many years and has learnt to control it through a healthy diet, daily juicing, correct supplementation and exposure to sun light therapy. Jason has developed a herbal supplement and juice-program specifically for this dis-ease. His program includes the exclusion of many foods/drinks as well as the introduction of herbal teas and juice boosts specifically designed for psoriasis and other skin conditions. Please see the Juice Master’s website for further information and a specially created pack for a 30-day treatment program: www.juicemaster.com.
The Clear Skin pack contains a guidance booklet that will tell you everything you need to know about completing the programme. Also in the pack is an audio CD with some visualisation to deal with the psychology that goes hand in hand with having a skin condition. Other important components for a successful programme is the red clover and root burdock tea, Udo’s Oil and the ‘Clear Skin Boost’
The root cause of psoriasis is thought to be an immune system problem with causes varying from person to person but may include stress, medication, infection, injuries.
Read the Clear Skin Programme written by Jason Vale. This will contain everything you need to know about psoriasis.
Juices found to be essential according to Dr Norman Walker are:-
- Carrot 11 oz & Radish 5oz
- Carrot 10oz & Beetroot 3oz & Cucumber 3oz
Taken from his book entitled Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices.
There have been studies carried out on herbs, some of which have been found to be helpful when suffering psoriasis, these are:-
- aloe vera
- barbarine, (which can be found in goldenseal, barberry root bark and organ grape root)
- calaguala (a fern, it has a clinically documented use in South Africa and Spain in the treatment of psoriasis)
- capsaicin (an active component of cayenne pepper)
- sarsaparilla & silymarin
Observational studies have found that:
- patients who drink excessive amounts of alcohol are more likely to suffer from psoriasis
- supplementation of folic acid, B12, vitamins D and A can also be helpful, please note we prefer to recommend the natural nutrients which can be ob-tained by consuming a health diet
- Omega 3 and 6 as well as fumaric acid and lecithin may also be beneficial
Other research has found that:-
- L-Cysteine has been successfully used in treating some case of psoriasis (Eric R. Braverman M.D)
- blueberry, elderberry, huckleberry, are useful in the treatment of psoriasis (John Heinemann – Encyclopaedia of Healing Juices)
- psoriasis may improve with the application of coconut oil (Bruce Fife – The Coconut Oil Miracle)
- cleansing of the intestinal tract has shown an improvement in patients with psoriasis (Dr Bernard Jensen – Dr Jensen’s Guide to Better Bowel Care)
‘Botanical influences on illness – A sourcebook of clinical studies’ by Melvyn R Werbach, M.D & Michael T. Murry, N.D
‘Nutritional influences on illness – A sourcebook of clinical studies’ by Melvyn R Werbach, M.D
If you are on medication for any ailments please do not stop taking it without first checking with your GP and also check for any contraindications there may be between your prescribed medication and recommended foods