What Is It?
Psoriasis is a non-contagious skin condition that produces plaques of thickened, scaling, skin. It is a particularly tenacious condition and needs a therapeutic attack on many fronts. Jason Vale himself has lived with psoriasis for many, many years and learnt to control it through a healthy diet, daily juicing, correct supplementation and exposure to sun light therapy. Jason has developed a herbal supplement and juice-program specifically for this disease. His program includes the exclusion of many foods/drinks as well as the introduction of herbal teas and juice boosts specifically designed for psoriasis and other skin conditions. Please see the Juice Master’s website for further information and a specially created pack for a 30-day treatment program taken from Clear Skin Programme
The Clear Skin pack contains a guidance booklet that will tell you everything you need to know about completing the programme. Also in the pack is an audio CD with some visualisation to deal with the psychology that goes hand in hand with having a skin condition. Other important components for a successful programme is the red clover and root burdock tea, Udo’s Oil and the Clear Skin Boost
The root cause of psoriasis is thought to be an immune system problem with causes varying from person to person but may include stress, medication, infection and injuries.
The Clear Skin Programme written by Jason Vale is available as a free download and contains everything you need to know about psoriasis.
Cut Back On
Tomatoes, although a good natural food for most people, can in some cases play havoc with skin conditions. Make sure that tomato and all products containing tomato, such as ketchup, sauces, and tomato juice are avoided.
Juice Master Recommends: ‘Ultimate Skin Cleanser’ taken from Clear Skin Programme
x1/2 cucumber, x1 stick celery, x1/2 ripe avocado, x3 apples, x1/2 cup spinach, x1 heaped teaspoon of Clear Skin Boost. Put the avocado in a blender. Juice all the other ingredients add to the blender and blend until smooth.
There have been studies carried out on herbs, some of which have been found to be helpful when suffering psoriasis, these are:-
- aloe vera
- barbarine, (which can be found in goldenseal, barberry root bark and organ grape root)
- calaguala (a fern, it has a clinically documented use in South Africa and Spain in the treatment of psoriasis)
- capsaicin (an active component of cayenne pepper)
- sarsaparilla & silymarin
Observational studies have found that:
- patients who drink excessive amounts of alcohol are more likely to suffer from psoriasis
- supplementation of folic acid, B12, vitamins D and A can also be helpful, please note we prefer to recommend the natural nutrients which can be obtained by consuming a health diet
- Omega 3 and 6 as well as fumaric acid and lecithin may also be beneficial
Other research has found that:
- L-Cysteine has been successfully used in treating some case of psoriasis (Eric R. Braverman M.D)
- blueberry, elderberry, huckleberry, are useful in the treatment of psoriasis (John Heinemann – Encyclopaedia of Healing Juices)
- psoriasis may improve with the application of coconut oil (Bruce Fife – The Coconut Oil Miracle)
- cleansing of the intestinal tract has shown an improvement in patients with psoriasis (Dr Bernard Jensen – Dr Jensen’s Guide to Better Bowel Care)
‘Botanical influences on illness – A sourcebook of clinical studies’ by Melvyn R Werbach, M.D & Michael T. Murry, N.D
‘Nutritional influences on illness – A sourcebook of clinical studies’ by Melvyn R Werbach, M.D
Please be aware that we are not Doctors, so it is important BEFORE making any changes that you consult with your GP or Medical Practitioner. The suggestions above are not meant as an alternative to any current medical treatment so please DO NOT stop taking any medications you are on. They are also not an endorsement of their effectiveness, nor a recommendation that they should be followed but instead, provided for informational purposes. None of the information on the Natural Juice Therapy site is intended or implied to treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease.